Turkey is one of the top travel destinations popular with residents living in Dubai for a number of reasons. The Turkey Visa from UAE and Dubai only takes a few hours and the country is filled with lots of cultural, historic and scenic tourist attractions. Additionally, Turkey is also one of the most affordable places to visit from the UAE and has attractions and activities to cater to people of all ages. If you are planning a visit to this historic destination, here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Turkey visit visa from Dubai.
You can easily apply for a Turkey visit visa online at the Turkish Visa Application Centre in the UAE. Just visit the VFS Global website (outsourced partner of the Embassy of Turkey in the UAE) to complete the application process if you want to explore the country as a tourist or want to visit family or friends living there.
Applicants who prefer to submit a hard copy will have to visit the Turkey Visa Application Centre in Dubai.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A TURKEY VISA FROM DUBAI
Those traveling to Turkey for recreational purposes will have to either apply for a tourist visa or visit visa from Dubai. The process is fairly similar for both categories, however, if you are visiting friends or family, you will need to have an additional invitation from them.
STEP 1 – SELECT THE RELEVANT VISA CATEGORY
First, select the type of Turkey Visa for Hong Kong Citizens you want to apply for from the consular website.
Please note that this will depend on your ‘purpose of visit.’ If you are visiting as a tourist, choose the option for a Tourist Visa. If you are visiting friends or family, choose the Family/Friends option.
STEP 2 – SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
The next step is to book an appointment at the Visa Application Centre. It is important that each applicant books a separate appointment on the VFS website.
You also need to pay a service fee of AED 231 via a credit card to confirm the appointment for your tourist visa application. The applicant then receives a visa appointment letter and receipt as confirmation.
STEP 3 – FILL THE APPLICATION
The third step is to fill the online application on the Republic of Turkey Consular website. Don’t forget to add the following details:
- Type of travel document
- Passport number
- Type of visa
- Purpose of visit
- Number of entries requested
STEP 4 – ATTACH THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Turkey tourist visa requirements from Dubai include:
- Passport (valid for at least six months from the date of travel)
- Copies of entry and exit stamps of the previous visa, if any
- Emirates ID and residence/work permit in Dubai (valid for at least six months)
- Latest photograph ( 5×6 dimension against a white background, with the applicant’s face clearly visible)
- Travel medical insurance (valid for the duration of the visa)
- Family registration certificate (issued in the name of the applicant)
- Copy of birth certificate in case of minors (in English or Turkish)
- Guarantee letter from the company and the company trade license is also required for those employed in Turkey Visa from USA for US Citizens. For self-employed individuals, a signed and stamped statement in the company letterhead with the purpose and duration of the visit along with financial details must also be supplied.
- Up to date bank statement for the last three months. The Bank Statement cannot be not older than 10 days at the time of submission of the application. Any other relevant financial documents can also be submitted.
To support your application, you are allowed to submit details of a round trip flight pre-reservation.
Documents required from the inviting person if you are applying for a visit visa
You also need to obtain some documents from your friend or relative in Turkey who is inviting you. These include:
- Petition of invitation (This document should state the purpose of visit, duration of stay, a guarantee that the invitee will return to his/her country, contact details)
- Complete identity register copy with complete information of family members and residence
- Bank statements for the last three months
- Occupational document of the inviting person
If your spouse is inviting you to Turkey, you will also have to attach your marriage certificate.
Note: The visa centre may also ask for additional documents when you submit your application.
STEP 5 – SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Once the application is complete and you have the required documents and photos ready, you need to submit your application at the VFS Centre with the visa fee. You can track your application online by entering your reference number and last name.
Once your visit or tourist visa to Turkey is approved, you can collect your passport from the VFS centre.
TURKEY VISA APPLICATION CENTRE CONTACT INFORMATION
- Location: WAFI Mall, Level 3, Umm Hurair 2
- Contact: +971-4-205-5720
- Timings: Sunday to Thursday 09:00 am to 05:00 pm (closed on Fridays, Saturdays and public holidays)
What is the Turkey visit visa from Dubai price?
A single entry Family/Friends visit visa or tourist visa to Turkey costs AED 225. You have to pay the amount in cash at the VFS Turkish Visa Application Centre in UAE. For more information on the cost of Turkey visas from Dubai, you can contact the VFS authorities.
How long does it take to obtain Turkey visit visa from Dubai?
Typically Your Turkey tourist or visit visa will be processed within 4 to 7 working days. The process can also take longer in some cases, so it is ideal that you start the application process at least four weeks prior to the date of your travel.
This wraps our guide on how to apply for a Tukey visit visa or tourist visa from Dubai. Note that the general procedure for applying for other visa categories, such as the Turkey business visa, is also pretty simple.
Turkey is one of the best European travel destinations from Dubai. If you are planning to travel to North America, you can also read more about how to apply for a US visa and a Canada visa from Dubai.