Turkey implements considerable visa guidelines for Afghan citizens if they plan to visit the country. Afghanistan citizens holding an ordinary passport, Civil Servant (Special), Government Employee (Service) passports are eligible to apply for Turkey Visa from Afghanistan. Turkish e-Visa system grants Afghanistan citizens a single-entry visa for 30 days of travel.
Afghans with diplomatic and official passports get exempted from this process. They can proceed with their travels, provided that they will not exceed 90 days.
The relationship between Turkey and Afghanistan has been excellent. Both countries share a rich history during the 1923’s Soviet Union. Military assistance is the most influential sector of Afghan in Turkey and vice versa. Through the years, the brotherly connection of Afghan and Turkish people gets backed up by multiple projects.
Turkish E-visa Introduction For All Afghan Citizens
In 2013, Turkey introduced the Turkey Visa from South Africa system to bring convenience to foreign travelers visiting the country. It is a regular visa acquired electronically. Turkish Immigration released a list of countries qualified to get the travel document. Afghanistan citizens, along with a hundred nationalities, are eligible to apply for a Turkey visa.
It is a simple and straightforward process you just need to spend your 5 or 10 minutes. During application, Afghan citizens only need three requirements.
- A passport (with six months validity)
- Personal email address
- Credit Card or Debit Card for visa payment (the system also accept payments through trusted payment channels)
The step consists of six parts where they have to disclose their country of origin, personal information, passport details, and travel dates. Take time to review all fields to ensure accuracy. The system would also ask them to verify their email for security purposes. Once it gets verified, applicants have the option to pay the visa fee.
Successful payment would trigger email confirmation. Afghans can print their e-Visa document on paper and present it to the border authorities with other supporting documents.
Turkish E-visa Policy For Afghans
- The e-Visa system only accepts applications for tourism and business purposes. Afghans may visit the nearest Turkish embassy if they need other types of visas. Permit for educational, employment, and official visit purposes require a different e-Visa process.
- Once e-Visa gets approved, Afghans have 180 days to travel to Turkey before it gets invalid.
- They must not exceed the 30-day allowable period of stay in Turkey. Overstaying may be subject to paying fines and penalties.
- Afghans can request to extend Turkey visa by visiting the nearest Police station. From there, they can ask the procedure on how to obtain a temporary resident permit.
- Immigration recommends Afghan travelers apply for e-Visa at least 3 to 5 days before their departure flight.
- Afghans transiting through Turkey do not need a travel authorization if they would only stay at the airport’s transit area for seventy-two hours. If it is more than the allotted time, they have to apply for an e-Visa.
- The details in e-Visa should match the information declared to their supporting documents. Inaccuracy and falsification may result in the traveler’s suspension of entry.
REMINDER TO AFGHANISTAN NATIONALS VISITING TURKEY: All foreign passengers have to submit a negative report of PCR Test to gain entry. Travelers ages six and above have to undergo PCR testing in compliance with Turkey’s safety protocols. Afghans can continue their travel, provided they have negative results from the virus seventy-two hours before their departure date.
Apply Turkey e-Visa from Afghanistan
Please carefully Fill the Requirements Here, to Apply for the Official Turkey Visa from Afghanistan
Please Note Carefully: This official form is strictly only for people applying for Turkey e-Visa with Afghanistan passport. All that is required from you as stated on the form is your personal details, travel details, passport details, and also to specify the type of visa you are applying for.
Meanwhile, when filling the Turkey visa application form, please try and fill the places marked with red asterisks, as they are a very important data need for the processing of your e-visa to Turkey. Now, if you look carefully, you will discover that the Nationality area is already locked with Afghanistan. This means when filling this form, our system marks you as a Afghanistan citizen on default. So please applicants from other countries should take note, so as not to make a serious mistake.