What Is the India Business Visa?
The BUSINESS VISA FOR INDIA allows its holder to participate in business activities while in the country.
The e-Business visa for India is a multiple-entry visa that grants a combined total stay of 180 days starting from the date of first entry in the country.
From April 1st, 2017, e-Visa for India were separated into three categories, one being the business visa. The window for application under the electronic visa system was increased from 30 days to 120 days, which means foreign visitors can apply up to 120 days before their expected arrival date in India.
It is advised that business travelers apply for their business visa at least 4 days before their trip. Most application are processed within 4 days, but in some cases, the visa processing might take a few more days. Once approved, its validity is one year.
How Does e-Business Visa Work?
Travelers who want to get their INDIAN VISA ELIGIBILITY for India must know the following before completing an application:
- The e-Business visa for India validity is 1 year from the date of issue.
- Multiple-entry visa.
- Holders may spend 180 days in India during the year the visa is valid.
- This visa type is non-convertible and non-extendable.
- Individuals can apply for a maximum of two e-Visas during a calendar year.
- Applicants are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India.
- Travelers are required to carry a copy of their approved business e-Visa India at all times during their stay.
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying for their e-Business visa.
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age.
- The e-Business visa cannot be used and is not valid to visit protected/restricted or Cantonment areas.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps.
- Applicants who hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports cannot apply for an e-Business visa for India.
It is important to note that there are additional e-Business Visa supporting document requirements in order to successfully obtain the visa. These requirements are:
- Business Card or a Business Letter
- Answer certain questions regarding the sending and receiving organizations
What You Can Do With the India Business Visa
The e-Business Visa for India is an online electronic visa to travel to India for business purposes. It allows multiple visits over the course of a year. Business travelers may spend a combined total of 180 days in India.
The e-Business visa can be used for any of the following:
- For sales/purchases or trade.
- To attend technical/business meetings.
- To set up industrial/business venture.
- To conduct tours.
- To deliver lecture(s) under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
- To recruit manpower.
- To participate in exhibitions or business/trade fairs.
- Expert/specialist in connection with an on-going project.
Apply for a Business Visa
How Long Can You Stay in India With the e-Business Visa?
The e-Business visa for India allows the holder to stay for 180 days in the country within the year that it is valid.
These 180 days may be used either consecutively or over the course of several trips. The Indian business e-Visa allows multiple entries to the country during its validity period of a year. The total number of days spent in India during this time may not exceed 180.
Eligible citizens can obtain a maximum of two e-Visas within one year. If you need to stay in India for more than 180 days, you might need to apply for a consular visa. E-Visas for India are not extendable.
An e-Business visa holder must arrive through one of the 28 designated airports or 5 designated seaports. E-Business visa holders can leave the country from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPS) in India. If you need to arrive to India by land or through a port of entry you that is not in the designated e-Visa ports, you will need to get a visa at an embassy or consulate.
Passport holders from over 160 countries can obtain a business visa for India online. The application process is entirely electronic, meaning visitors are not required to attend an embassy or consulate in person.
Business travelers can submit their application as early as 120 days before departure and are strongly advised to complete the request at least 4 business days in advance.
In addition to meeting the general Indian e-Visa requirements, business travelers must also provide a business letter or business card and answer some questions regarding the sending and receiving organizations.
On approval, the India business visa is sent to the applicant by email.